Turnaround Time

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY A GENERATOR from this company.Last week my brand new $1800 13000 watt generator blew up and caused my house to catch fire.

The fire investigator said the fire was caused because of a gas leak in the carburetor. When I went outside at 1am to add gas to the generator there was already a fire inside the generator. When we went to turn it off... it backfired multiple times causing the generator to catch even more on fire.

My boyfriend and I tried fighting the flames that grew over 20 feet high and caught my roof on fire. My boyfriend was able to contain the flames on our roof using the hose. Thank God because the fire marshal said less than 5 more minutes more and my entire roof would have been in flames. We've tried reaching out to this company to pay for the damages before taking legal action and have had no luck.

My brand new house was almost burned down, my car has $4000 in damages (the flames were so hot it bubbled my car windshield), my boyfriend's car has damages, and we were not reimbursed for the generator we bought for $1800 days before my house almost burnt down!! I am thanking God we are okay because if we hadn't gone outside at 1am I would have been inside with my boyfriend and pets with the shutters still up and this would have been a different outcome (since the generator was already on fire when i went outside!!!). This was the scariest moment of my life thus far and in a matter of minutes my house was on fire. I have a family friend who is a lawyer who will take the case, but he thought we should reach out Northerntool Tools & Equipment Shop to see if the company would do the right thing and take care of the damages.

Guess this company doesn't care and I was told to send in the part that malfunctioned... the entire generator is fried!! See attached picture. Lesson learned.

Thank you northern tool for almost burning my house down, burning my cars, and by almost killing me and my family by selling me a BRAND NEW MODEL AND GENERATOR.Please share to save someone from buying this brand.

Review about: Powerhorse Generator.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Northern Tool And Equipment?

Comments