3.5
Turnaround Time

From reading other reviews, shipping seems to be a big issue here.I've shopped at NT for years.

I shopped for a planer/jointer combo unit and found a good deal here, with Free Shipping. Item arrived in a box truck in a timely manner. Driver asked if I wanted him to lower it with the power lift gate, so I said sure. I took the unit from there to my back yard, and signed for it.

A month or so later, I received a bill for $190 for freight. A call revealed that because I said yes to the lift gate, they billed me. I could easily have pulled it off the back of the truck myself had I known better or was informed. I signed for delivery AFTER I moved it from the truck!

Of course I did not read the paper, because I thought I was just taking possession of it. Buyer beware!!! NT customer service refuses to help. They completely disassociated themselves from the situation, stating, "This option was not added to the delivery through us when the order was placed or prior to delivery.".

In my opinion, this is completely unacceptable.

They need to stand by the service they provide, even if it is through a third party that they contracted.I will NEVER order something to be shipped through them again.

Review about: Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Quick customer service response.

I didn't like: Not taking responsibility for freight carrier.

Had an Experience with Northern Tool And Equipment?

Comments