Los Angeles, California
1.2K views 6 comments
1.1

Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool + Equipment company. The items are so bad my contractor would not install them. Northern Tool has not replied to my emails and will not post me review on their site. They finally replied after I contacted the Department of Justice just to tell me since they are not damaged or defective they will not take them back. I understand that how about that they are simply low quality junk. I was able to purchase better quality fixtures from another on line dealer and saved $78.00.

Below is what I purchased, please avoid them

2 pieces NPower Multi-Mount Warehouse Barn Light — 16in. Dia. for my awning

2 pieces NPower Multi-Mount Warehouse Barn Light — 12in. Dia. for my seating area

6 pieces Angled Sign Light with Shade — 10in. Dia.for my sign

Beware KOTULAS sells the same junk. They must be part of Norther Tool.

Had an Experience with Northern Tool And Equipment?

Comments

Unfortunately, any product from Northern Tools and Harbor Freight should be expected to be really cheaply made. Thus goes the old adage, you get what you pay for. I hate buying light fixtures, they can be so expensive!

***ed Off ***sumer from Delew
Beverly Hills, California, United States #939844

I purchased the NPower Multi-Mount Warehouse Barn Light - 16 Inch Diameter, Black 3 weeks ago.I live in Delaware.

We installed it last week as a storefront light. We experienced some light rain and very mild winds. The arm snapped!

My neighbors (drycleaner) had her fixtures for over 5 years and they had no issues.

She gave me the web site of a company called The Lighting Solutions. I ordered from them 4 pieces of what they call the "American Barn" along with 2 of the "American Classic" fixtures for the signage. Web: www.ecologicsavings.com.

Well as you know over the past few days we have experienced harsh weather, yet the fixtures I purchased from The Lighting Solutions in California are standing strong.

They actually felt heavier and more of an industrial fixture type right out of the box. The site is

Nortern tool refused to take them back. I will be reporting Norther Tool Equipment to the BBB. Little did I know they have a ton of complaints and bad reviews.

If you want a quality exterior light for your business that is actually for a low prices, I highly recommend The Lighting Solutions.www.ecologicsavings.com

Not Green Northern Tool
Chicago, Illinois, United States #907756

Not a good company to consumers and the planet.I purchased the NPower barn light for 99.99 and received so many extra metal parts that I was so sad about.

I had to throw them away and use only what I needed. Can you imagine how many of these are thrown away each day. I understand that they include them as a marketing tactic and to save THEM money so they do not have to stock many different boxes in their warehouse. But they obviously do not care what this is doing to our planet.

How about just shipping parts for the item a customer selects...kinna like everyone else does. And last but not least I do agree with the other comments...horrible service and the quality is just plain and simple junk. Avoid Northern Tool and Equipment AKA Kotulas as I have seen written many times. Apparently KOTULAS is the owners name.

I found after my purchase that this company has many complaints for just about everything they sell. Not sure how they are still in business. As for me I would say stay away from any lighting fixtures this company sells.

Especially the Gooseneck Barn light.I ended up buying a barn light from another company on line and we love it.

Hurt-***sumer
New York, New York, United States #906027

I tried to return my goosneck lights after the snapped in a mild wind to Norther Tool + Equipment AKA KOTULAS and they said they cant be responsible...it was up for 2 days and was not even very windy. In fact 2 of the 3 stayed up...But I know they will all snap eventually. My contractor did not even want to install them...he asked me if I got them on Ebay...OH and as an FYI: Norther Tool +Equipment and Kotulas also sell on Ebay...must tell you something.

Do a google search under Norther Tool Equipment and Kotulas and add the words "pissed consumer", complaints and rip off and you will see thousands of complaints...it is not only me folks.

nte2.2014
Los Angeles, California, United States #905701

I hate this company! I would never buy from them again. Worst service and junk gooseneck lighting fixtures

BobH
Connecticut, United States #905697

I had the same horrible nightmare with Northern Tool Equipment AKA Kotulas.Deceptive company.

Bad service.Bad delivery and worst quality gooseneck lights.